1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory. His love is demonstrated toward us through Him (God the Son) taking our place by suffering as a sacrifice for the punishment which we as sinful people deserved, to rescue all who would believe. Gen. 1:1 John 4:24 I John 1:5 James 1:17 I John 5:7 Matt. 28:19 Luke 3:22 John 3:16-18 Romans 5:8; 10:9
2. We believe that it is God who has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, Himself inspiring the human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises. The Bible also has the power to sanctify the believer in Christ who studies and meditates on its words. II Tim. 3:16 Psalm 119:160 John 17:17 Eph. 5:25-27
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed. Gen. 1-2 I Cor. 15:21-22 Rom. 5:14-19 Col. 1:21-22 Acts 4:12
4. We believe that Jesus Christ (God the Son) is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus—Israel's promised Messiah—was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin named Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate being the only Mediator for mankind. John 1:1-5, 14 Col. 2:10 Matt. 1:23 Heb. 4:15 Matt.22:1-66 & 28:1-20 I Tim. 2:5
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation. He also secured for anyone who puts their faith in Him, physical, mental, and emotional healing, peace, and power over sin, death, and evil forces.
Isaiah 53:3-6 Hebrews 10:10-12 I Cor. 15:55- 57 John 14:27 Rom. 6:14,17-18,22 Luke 9:1 Mark 16:17-18
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, comforts, teaches, spiritually gifts and equips believers for powerful Christ-like living and service. I Cor. 12: 12-13 Rom. 8:14-16 Titus 3:5-6 I Cor. 6:19-20 John 7:37-39 Acts 1:8 & 4:31 I Cor. 2:9-13 & 12:3-11 Gal. 5:19-25
7. We believe that the true church is comprised of each person who has been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism (by immersion, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer’s faith. The Church meets to worship the Lord in unity, and to encourage each other to do good works, strengthen, and help one another in brotherly love and forgiveness in the fear of God. I Cor. 12:12,26-27 Col. 1:12-18 Mat. 28:18-20 I Cor. 11:23-26 Hebrews 10:23-25 Titus 3:8 James 1:27 Eph. 4:28,32
8. We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and freedom for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed. Romans 3:24-26 Eph. 5:25-27; 2:10 Matt. 22:37-40 Matt. 25:34-46 Psalm 10:17,18 Eph. 6:16-18 James 5:16b Mark 16:17,18 II Cor. 10:3-5 Ephesians 6:12 Mattt. 28:18-20 Mark 16:19,20
9. We believe in the personal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God the Father, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Mark 13:23-33 Rev. 22:12-14 I John 3:2,3 II Tim. 4:8
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that those who have accepted by faith Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, at death will instantly be present with Him in Heaven. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen. Romans 10:9 Matt. 17:5 John 3:7 John 20:31 II Peter 3:9 II Cor. 5:8 Luke 23:43 Daniel 12:2-3 John 5:28-29 Matt. 24:31 Luke 14:13-14; 20:34-36
I Cor. 15:50-57
Copyright Future And A Hope Ministries Inc. . All rights reserved.